Thursday, September 28, 2006

Update

Between eating and sleeping, Edison is most commonly found like this--with a huge smile on his face! He loves to play. His favorite games still involve his tongue, though he likes music and singing (he even tried his singing voice out for the first time yesterday), being treated like a ventriloquist’s dummy (Ben discovered he likes his mouth opened and closed in time with talking), dancing (he only dances on his own accord to "Little Ghost" by the White Stripes, as sung by Ben), talking (he now talks to inanimate objects, as well as his parents), grabbing toys (and books, as of today), and, of course, anything to do with his mom's hair (we can now add pulling to his list of accomplishments; ouch!). Unfortunately no one believes how happy he is, as he is reserved around unfamiliar faces. And everyone besides Mom and Dad is unfamiliar.
Edison is so cute in his baseball outfit from his aunt JoAnna.

Eddie now weighs 13 pounds. He is beginning to grow out of some of his zero to three month clothes, proving they last for all of three weeks and you really should not waste your money on too many.

Eddie still hates water, making bathtime my least favorite chore. I guess he already forgot his nine month stint spent swimming! His little bathtub is a waste of space, as the only way we can trick him into a bath is by holding him and using a washcloth to wash and rinse him.

A few non-Eddie notes:

I have discovered the best dessert in the world--carrot cake cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. I had the pleasure of having it last weekend when we went out to eat with my brothers and their wives who came to visit us (yeah!). My reaction to the first bite was quite extreme, but I wasn't the only one to exclaim such joy upon the initial taste of this perfect dessert! I can't wait for Ben's birthday, in hopes his parents will take us there for more!

I have a book recommendation. It is The Kite Runner. I really enjoyed reading it, although parts were depressing and disturbing. If you have read it, let me know. I can't wait to discuss it! We all know it will be quite awhile before Ben gets around to reading it!

Despite my initial fears that BNL does not recognize Atlanta as a significant city, they have added ATL to their Barenaked Ladies are Me tour. Ben and I will be at their concert on November 9. I can't wait, although I have no idea what we will do with Eddie. I have never had him out of my sight for more than a couple of minutes. If anything would encourage me to leave him for a couple of hours, it will be BNL!!! The only sad thing is Edison enjoys their new album almost more than we do! He will hate to miss the concert! So Edison doesn't only have poor taste in music (referring to his preference for Johnny Cash while in the womb)!

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

I just had to see the pictures and can't stay to enjoy them long because I'm at work. What a beautiful baby!!!!!!
I miss you guys so much and feel sad that I don't get to know Eddy as well as I'd like.
But I love you all and wish you an awesome adventure.
Hugs and Kisses to Edison from your aunty.