Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Eddie's Third Birthday Cake



Both Eddie and Peter helped make Eddie's cake this year. Eddie selected strawberry cake with chocolate frosting, though I made him go with vanilla frosting for dying purposes.


We made a train cake. Cousins, Kyle and Jeremy, were visiting and helped us decorate the train. Eddie chose to decorate the caboose, but only after he put the lights on the engine. Eddie ate more candy than he put on the cake. He didn't think the little Oreos needed to be the wheels, as he thought M&Ms, his favorite candy, worked just as well. Kyle was very meticulous about his decorating, even including wheels on the unfrosted side of the cake. Jeremy's philosophy seemed to be "the more the merrier", and he really piled the candy on.

The finished product! Looks great! Notice Eddie put three candles on each train car.

We had Eddie's favorite icecream, mint chocolate chip. I thought it adorable that Ben purchased Edy's brand!


We let each child select which train car his piece of cake came from. I thought Eddie might pick the caboose since he decorated it. He picked the engine, though. I assume because it was green, Eddie's favorite color. In fact, Michelle tried to get a picture of green-shirted Eddie when he was eating a green piece of licorice while a green slice of cake and green icecream were on his plate. Cake is still a finger food, apparently. Shortly after Peter's picture was taken, he choked on his cake. It tasted so good, he couldn't wait to get it all in his mouth.

Happy third birthday, my sweet, little Eddie! I love you and am so happy I'm your mama!

5 comments:

Iris said...

Happy Birthday to Eddie! His favorite ice cream is one of the best! And, I love that they have Edy's brand....I always had that in Chicago! What a cute cake & party.=)

The Damsel said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Eddie-your cake looks great!
Did you get our message? It's on the cell...

mudderbear said...

Just so you know....Grandpa Rose asked me today if I had seen these pictures, so that means he has checked out your blog. I'm always impressed with how much you put into parties and cakes, Melanie. You do a great job at mothering.

glockster17 said...

Happy Birthday buddy!
We miss you all so much, be safe and stay happy!!!!

JoAnna said...

What a great cake! I'm so glad his cousins are there and they are getting to know each other. All those boys! What fun!
I miss you all! I wish WE were closer and getting to know each other :)