Sunday, August 30, 2009

What We Sleep With

Both Peter and Eddie go to sleep with their blanket and their stuffed animal. They also go to sleep with sippy cups of water, which is very important to Eddie not so much to Peter (I don't think Peter has ever used his and often Eddie clutches his water cup as he sleeps).
Peter's blanket was made by my cousin, Marietta. It's green and white plaid on one side and covered in all kinds of sports balls on the other. It was the only blanket given to us when Peter was born. It's the only one that was just for Peter, so it became the one I used all the time for him.
Peter sleeps with "gira'", his giraffe. I think I had him before I had kids (but not much before). It was one of the few stuffed animals we had that Eddie hadn't laid claim to, and it's adorable. Peter loves Eddie's kitty, though, and often wishes he had it at bedtime.
Eddie blanket was made by my good friend's, Camille, mom. I used it all the time when breastfeeding him in public because it's bigger than most baby blankets. It's the only blanket that I never used with Peter because it was Eddie's. Eddie got Kitty from a bookstore here in Tally almost a year ago. Eddie has dearly loved cats since before he was one. We couldn't help buying him this one when he fell in love with it at the store.

1 comment:

Marietta said...

Your friend Marietta's mom actually made that blanket. your friends have great moms Mel! :)