Friday, May 07, 2010

Peter's Second Birthday

Here are some pictures of Peter's birthday. I have included a few details but not many, as I wrote all about his birthday in his special book (the daily journal I keep for him).
Breakfast was a cupcake.

We immediately went in to opening presents. Peter is a great unwrapper-very fast, doesn't need any help. I love Eddie in the background, interested but not jumping in there.

He got some sand toys

and a baby that he was so excited about! He's shown an interest in dolls for a long time. We have never had any, though. We took him birthday shopping with us, and this doll he fell in love with at the store. It makes noises and its face moves when you feed it or give it a pacifier.

Peter can't wait to give the baby the pacifier. He hasn't even finished unwrapping the box yet.

This picture makes me laugh!

I let Eddie choose a present for Peter. He chose a gardening set he has been wanting for a few weeks now. Peter's not too interested, but Eddie loves it.


Peter's cake was a dump truck filled with chocolate cupcakes. It's the easiest cake I have made for one of my children. It made the birthday experience less stressful and more fun for me. I think it turned out well. When Peter saw it, he exclaimed "Yay!!"; it was a success! The dump truck was a present, as well. (Peter actually requested strawberry cake mix; I felt terrible not letting him choose, but the cake wouldn't have worked as dirt is not pink.)
It says "Peter's 2", if you can't tell.

Once Peter realized the dump truck was full of cake, he immediately reached in, grabbed a cupcake,

and began eating.

Mmm! It's good!


Happy birthday, Peter! It has been the happiest two years with you in our family! I am so happy I am am your Mama! I love you!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Two?! Wow! Looks like he had a fun birthday. Cute idea with the cake.

Sarah H said...

Aw, happy birthday Peter!!

I love the dump truck idea, too bad I don't have boys or I'd steal it! ;)

JoAnna said...

That is a really cute idea for the cake. What fun! He is so cute with the doll.

Iris said...

Happy Birthday to Peter!!! And, I love how you document everything about him =) I love you Mel!!! And, I thought you should be impressed with me ...... Anna got the stomach flu and I survived it ..... I even got it ..... and I'm still alive =)

Unknown said...

What a fun birthday! That dumpster full of cupcakes is tempting! Maybe that's what I'll request for my 30th :) HUGS!!!

Jeni said...

Such a cute cake idea!!! I might steal it for Matthew's b-day.