Monday, May 30, 2011

Peter at Three Years Old

*Peter loves Creegan. He calls him "baby Creegan" or "babe". He is now becoming a little dad to Creeg by taking inappropriate toys from him. The other day I heard him tell Creegan to not play with a cord. When Creeg started playing with it again, Peter said, "Did you not hear me? I said, "Don't play with the cord!"." I wonder where he learned to say that... ;)
*Peter always has bruises and cuts on his arms and legs cuz he falls a lot. He scratches his scabs, so his owwies are always bleeding.
*Eddie is Peter's favorite person. He spends a lot more time talking to Eddie than he does me or anyone else. Whenever I ask him what he's talking about, he tells me he's not talking to me. He watches Eddie and does everything Eddie does.
*Peter's recently become quite a bully to Eddie. He loves to step on his feet or pretend to bite him, anything to work Eddie up. Eddie gets really worked up by this stuff.
*Peter talks so quiet. It's really hard to hear him, especially in the van. Eddie always translates for me, simply because of the volume.
*Peter's recently begun playing with other kids at playgroup and other playdates. He used to always play on his own, but he doesn't always anymore.
*Peter's always been great about going to nursery or having us leave him. He just walks right in without a backwards look and does great until we are with him again.
*Peter is still always pretending he's someone else, usually Spider Man or Iron Man. He doesn't let you get away with calling him Peter.
*Peter loves dipping his food in things, like ketchup, bleu cheese, ranch.
*Peter loves to talk in silly made-up language. He does this with his daddy, mainly "mish, mash mee shoo". Also, "country" is one of his favorite words, though he has no idea what it means. He also says "sim suck" to Creegan all the time.
*Peter's really in to playing trains right now. He also loves to color; he's great for his age.
*Peter recently learned he likes swinging on gliders. He's never liked swings his entire life, not even as a baby.
*Peter is really in to giving kisses right now; he loves kissing me over and over again. He gives the best hugs, and his frequent "I love you"s are so precious to me.
*Peter has always been such a calm, happy boy! I tell him every day that I'm so happy to be his mommy. He replies that he's so happy to be my Peter.

2 comments:

mudderbear said...

We miss him. Sigh.....

JoAnna said...

This is wonderful! Getting to know him a little bit. What a great boy!