Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 was celebrated with our little family. I started making the food first thing in the morning. We watched the parade as I cooked. Eddie loved seeing a song from the Spiderman play on Broadway. We were finally ready to eat at 6:15. I feel like we are perfecting our Thanksgiving menu. I love the food we have! Ben took pictures for everyone to enjoy. The chef.
Peter helping to set the table.

Creegan loved playing with the ladle.

Cranberry almond salad. The almonds are carmelized and sooo yummy!

Fruit salad with fudge stripes in it!! There are cookies in this fruit salad, people!!!

Crescent rolls. I don't make anything that uses yeast cuz it never works for me.

Our delicious sausage, apple stuffing! This has been a Thanksgiving staple for four years now.

Peas were a must for Ben this year.

Mashed potatoes, standard fare.

The drink of choice for 2011.

Eddie set the table. It was his idea to fold the napkins and set the silverware on them! I was so impressed!

Ben took complete control of the turkey! This was the first time we got an entire turkey and not just a turkey breast.

Pumpkin toffee cheesecake with caramel drizzled on top! YUM!

I love having holidays with my family.

4 comments:

mudderbear said...

This looks like a real feast and you worked so hard. Your recipes all sound just wonderful. Ben has always had praise for your cooking talents and especially the dressing. Looks like you have a few new favorites. Kudos to you for tackling the turkey. We really do miss you guys being here with us...thank you so much for checking in and sharing your day.

Marietta said...

Wow! I'm super impressed Melanie! I'll have to join you for Thanksgiving sometime!

JoAnna said...

This looks amazing! SO beautifully presented and delicious. Can we come to your place next year!?!?! We do miss having you all here.

Crystal said...

Very impressive Melanie! I don't think I could pull off a Thanksgiving meal on my own.