Friday, December 14, 2007

Cuddley Coo


Since Eddie was a few months old, after each bath I wrap him up tightly in a towel and recite this little rhyme to him that I made up.

Cuddley coo
Snuggley snoo
Lots and lots of...
Kisses for you!

The initial purpose was to distract him so he wouldn't mind being dried off (as he is wrapped up, I roll him from side to side and rub the towel against his wet skin as I do so). During the pause after "lots and lots of", I quickly unwrap him. Then I kiss his belly and face as I recite the last line. We would repeat it several times until he was dry. It was fun when he got older because he would excitedly anticipate this routine before it happened. Then he would ask for it again and again and again. He still asks for it, but he can't hold still long enough to actually do it. He takes off running instead. Last night he stayed still only long enough to take this picture. I am starting to miss my little baby!

2 comments:

Mac G said...

Ahh, yes we have much experience with the "STREAKER" running through the house after taking a bath. It gets even better when he starts yelling, "Look at my pee-pee".

Crystal said...

I love that little rhyme. Thanks for sharing it, I just might use it too!