Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Peter's Nine Months Old!

Peter hit his nine month mark yesterday. Somehow this mark seems so significant. Having him out of me longer than he was in me makes me melancholy. While he will depend on me the rest of his life, his most dependent 18 months of life are over forever, and he is just going to be doing more and more on his own. The really exciting developments are just starting, though, and so many are coming. Just this past week Peter started waving and now says his first word. It's "da da" (of course it's not "ma ma"; I don't even think he knows my name-whenever I say "Eddie" or "Daddy", he looks at them. If I say "Mommy", he just looks confused.). Every time Ben leaves the room, Peter stares at where he disappeared and says "da da" continuously. I am so happy to have Peter as my son. He is such an example of happiness to me ! He brings us so much happiness! I love him!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture. What an adorable, happy boy he is. It's fun he knows Dad and Eddie. Sad he doesn't know the name Mom... maybe you need to go in the other room and have someone say your name a lot. :)

Iris said...

happy 9 months old!

Heather said...

is just just the smiling-est... (is that a word) kid I have ever seen... must have a happy home. I can't believe Hunter and Peter are really that old already... wow