Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Developing Language Skills

Eddie's language skills have improved vastly over the past two weeks. He says a lot of phrases now. He puts words together and even says some sentences. I am just so amazed how fast this change has taken place that I have to share some of the things he has said in the last couple of days.

Every time Eddie sees a cat he says "a cat". We babysit a girl named Kat on Tuesdays. When she walked into church on Sunday, Eddie pointed to her and said, "A Kat!". He knows her name for sure!

Eddie loves to stir. He always has the mixing bowls, spoons, and the mixer out. After stirring some air in a bowl on Monday night, he ran around the house yelling in delight, "I stir! I stir! I stir!". It was so fun!

Eddie was putting the beaters in the electric mixer last night (what is it about kids and appliances?!?!). After putting a beater in successfully, he called out, "I put it in!". I was so impressed with his big sentence. ("Put" and "it" were slurred together so much that they almost sounded like one word. "In" was more like "i'".

Last night Eddie farted. He was a little concerned about the noise and the feeling. I reassured him that it was okay and told him he had farted. Then he said, "I far'!". A few minutes later he hiccuped. He put his finger in his mouth (as if he were pointing) and said, "I far'!". It was hilarious!

3 comments:

mudderbear said...

That is just too funny. Well you know he's a Kelsey for sure now. I can't believe that he's progressing/growning up so fast.

JoAnna said...

That's hillarious. What a thing to discover!

Jeni said...

It's amazing how fast it happens. Sara said a 7 word sentence the other day..."Mommy, I see the car right there." She even got the word "the" in...I was impressed.