Monday, April 28, 2008

April 21-28, 2008

We are moving on to weekly posts here at Mel's Mind. Ben is on the computer every second he is home (thesis, etc.). If Ben is gone, Eddie is way too dangerous around the computer these days. Here are some highlights from the past week.





Isn't there some sort of saying about the "cat's pajamas"? Eddie's friend, Kat, left her pajamas at our house, and Eddie is in love with them! He loves to wear them around his neck, hold them, and even sleep with them!! I am not sure if he is manifesting early signs of a crush or if he just really loves Kat's jam-jams!


We received three packages this week-a "party-in-a-box" in celebration of Peter from Ben's family. Eddie loves playing in the biggest box with the packing peanuts! It has been a lot of fun (and a lot of mess!).


Eddie has found a new place he likes to sit-on the blanket box. He looks so cute and sweet in this photo. Notice that he's holding Kat's pajamas!


Eddie had to get glasses! I guess it was inevitable since both his Mom and Dad wear glasses. We wish it hadn't happened at such a young age, though. We purchased two pair. Cast your vote as to which one he looks better in!

Eddie's favorite games of the week:

spraying the hose at the car wash station at our apartment

and diving through the boppy. Gearing up for a "fast" jump!



coming through!

In Peter news, we are still pregnant. As of last Tuesday, I was dilated to a five (halfway there). My midwife told me that if I am at a six by next Tuesday (tomorrow), she won't let me go home "because it's too dangerous to be running around Atlanta at a six!". I guess the concern is that if I go into labor, I may not make it to the hospital on time (especially with the traffic here!). I have had some serious contractions on and off this past week, so I wouldn't be surprised if we had this baby tomorrow/Wednesday. However, I am not really planning on it. Knowing me, I have slowed down and will have to wait until Monday. His birth is inevitable sometime this upcoming week, though!

We do have a new baby in our family! Abigail Kristine was born on Wednesday, April 23, to my brother, Brent, and sister-in-law, Shanda. She is the first of three babies due in our family in a two-and-a-half week period! She is beautiful! She is Eddie's fourth cousin on my side of the family. I can't wait to see her (good for us she is moving to Florida for the summer in a couple of weeks!)!

6 comments:

'Nilla Wafer said...

Mel, I love your "mog!" I vote for the glasses with the mustache. I hope all goes well with the delivery of your lastest addition!

The Damsel said...

Wow! Abigail is beutiful. Tell Brent and Shanda I give them kudos on spelling Kristine with a K. :)
I hope you found your birthday present from me in the "party-in-a-box." I got it for you because when you were pregnant with Edison you said your feet were taking it kind of hard.
Needless to say, we are all so excited for you!

mudderbear said...

OH...that's a sweet baby. Congratulations on a new cousin for Eddie.
I love the photos. I can't imagine Eddie being almost two years old. I vote for the glasses with the mustache...gives him an intellectual flair.
And, my gosh!!!! be careful. I am so anxious over all this. So Peter is ready to come..I can't believe it's time.OHHH...flutter, flutter goes my heart. You guys be careful now. We love you.

JoAnna said...

WOW!!!!!!!! This is so exciting! Do be careful. I never thought of trafic being a factor in when you have a baby, but I'm glad someone is thinking ahead :)
Your new niece is beautiful. I think it's great that Eddie and Peter will have so many cousins around their age. What fun!

Jeni said...

Any day!!!!! Maybe you're at the hospital right now...How exciting!

Megan said...

I heard you had your baby! Congratulations!!!! Hope you are feeling good.