Sunday, April 06, 2008

Nee Nee Songs

These pictures are old at this point(Feb 24), but I have been meaning to post them and can't pass up the opportunity. Eddie loves singing and has been singing "nee nee"(nursery) songs since the end of February (he began out of the blue with just a couple of words and actions and very quickly can do a lot more). Here are a few pictures of him doing the actions from his favorite songs.

The wise man built his house upon a rock


And the rain came tumbling down.

Jesus wants Eddie for a sunBEAM (which someone has become a sunBEEP over the past month).


I looked out the window and what did I see?

He can do all of the actions for every song now. He can sing the last word of each line of each song. His favorite songs are "Rock" and "Pockcorn" (and often requests a medley of these songs-he really just keeps telling you to switch which song your singing; you can't even get through one line of each before you have to move to the next one), though he is really into "Doing" ("Do as I'm Doing") lately; he likes that it goes "fast". For the same reason, he loves Ben to sing "Popcorn Popping" really fast (he doesn't like when I do it; I guess I am not fast enough). He goes through phases where we non-stop have to sing "stories" ("Book of Mormon Stories"); he is so cute when he puts one finger up behind his head for the Lamanite part. His favorite non-"chitch" (church) song is "baby bumblee bee" (he loves doing the "oww" part-when the bee stings). The first song he sang all by himself (that we could identify) was "Once There Was a Snowman" (he only knew the words "tall" and "small", but he had the tune down and the words he substituted sounded similar to the real words). He asks to sing all day long. We love our little singer (and I really wish we had a camcorder or a camera that recorded sound!!!)!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Cute, cute, cute! My Ben amazes me when he sings almost an entire song word for word that he learned in the nursery. One day I was thanking the girl who does music time in the nursery and I told her that Ben loves singing the songs she taught him. She was especially pleased and told me that when she does music time in nursey the kids just stare at her and rarely ever sing.

JoAnna said...

I love it! Primary songs are just the best and I am SO SO impressed with him. Wow!

Oh, and I had to do nursery singing for a while- I loved it! But I can't sing and the kids really do have a mind of their own. It's great what they catch onto though. It just goes to show that blank stares might have a lot behind them. (Crystal, I've looked at your blog a time or two and your boys are adorable! Hope you don't mind :)

mudderbear said...

This is so much fun. I will be playing piano for the Primary starting this week and now I am all excited. I also hope MissKhrys and I can teach Hunter some of those songs.

Eddie is adorable...just have to say so in case you don't know. I can hardly believe that he is doing all of this 'already'. Is he really so 'big' now?