Saturday, July 12, 2008

Eddie's Second Birthday Cake


Eddie helped make his birthday cake this year (funfetti-he was excited by the colorful specks!).

He was all set to help frost his own cupcake. After sampling the frosting, he mainly spent frosting time eating his cupcake.


We made a "tac" (cat) cake because Eddie has loved "tacky"s with all of his heart since right around his first birthday.



Proof that I wrote on it; sorry I'm not a perfectionist, Eddie (although I trust you're better off that I'm not)!


Actually, Eddie liked the "numbers" on his cake (all writing is numbers right now).
Look how happy he was!

Trying to blow out the "tangles", but he needed some help. He loved us singing, though. When the song was over, he'd touch my mouth and say "sing more". We sang and blew out the tangles at least five times!

He got a piece with eye and ear.


As soon as he ate the eye on his plate, he grabbed the other eye off the cake.

Such a cute birthday boy!


Proof that Peter was there!

7 comments:

Mac G said...

Makes me want to be there. I hope that Eddie had a great birthday.

mudderbear said...

I think Peter wants an ear, maybe.
This is totally delightsome. It's the next best thing to being there and soooo,,soooooo cute.

Thanks Mel for taking such good care of the boys.

JoAnna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDDIE!
What a cute cake. Your mom is so creative. Why is Peter sad? Didn't he get any cake?

Shanda said...

What a fun Birthday! I love Peter's blessing outfit too. I'm sorry we couldn't make it up. I'm excited will be four hours closer when you move next month!

Emlyn said...

Happy birthday Eddie!

Unknown said...

What an amazing cake! You are wonder-mom! I miss you :)

Cope girls said...

Happy birthday to Eddie, I didn't realize it was his birthday!!! you looked beautiful by the way on Peter's blessing day, and the blessing was very sweet! I haven't talked to you lately (I don't get out much these days), how are you?