Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

 Creegan enjoyed watching bears and Big Bird in the parade.  He sat down to watch every time he heard a guitar playing while someone sang.

 Getting the Christmas tree out of the box

 Creegan loves taking one arm out of his shirts.  This poor kid has a chronically messy face!

 Admiring the tree

 Creegers was fascinated with the lights

 My cute boys!

 Creegan automatically lifted wreaths to his face.  He loved looking at himslef in the mirror.  I wish we could have gotten a better picture!

 Excited about the stockings,

 and Christmas books,
and all the decor!

For Thanksgiving we had intended to make the traditional dinner, but it was a hard week.  I no longer want to ever cause myself unnecessary stress.  I assume there will be a time soon when I have the energy to make Thanksgiving dinner, but it wasn't yesterday.  We got up and still turned on the parade, like I usually do while I make the food.  Eddie told me a few weeks ago that the parade is the most boring thing we ever do.  He watched the entire thing, though, this year and only complained once.  During the parade, Peter kept begging to go to a parade.  I promised to take him to the next parade here.  Watching the parade made the day feel like a holiday, and it got me excited for Christmas.  So we decided to put up our Christmas tree.  This is such a fun year because all our boys are old enough to enjoy the holiday and Creegan is young enough to be learning it for the first time.  Yesterday he learned who Santa is and learned to say Christmas.  He loves the lights on the tree.  He laid under the tree at bedtime last night and almost fell asleep.  He loved putting ornaments on the tree.  He always pointed at a high up spot and wanted to be lifted up to hang his ornaments high.  I told Peter I would sing him a Christmas song at bedtime.  He asked if we had to sing a Christmas song.  He preferred me to make up a song about Angry Birds.  :)  Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments: