Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What I Think

I am going to start posting some of my thoughts on here.  I don't discuss my opinions on current issues or hot-button topics with anyone but Ben.  During the election, for example, I got tired of people assuming I think the same as them.  I don't.  I feel dishonest because I don't say anything.

I keep my thoughts to myself for a few reasons.  I worry that I can't hold my own in a serious discussion because I am not perfectly informed on the issues.  (Not that that stops others from putting their opinions out there...)  I also keep quiet because people are mean about those who think differently than them.  Truth be told, I don't like people to disagree with me.  I much prefer people agreeing with me.  :)  

So I want to be honest for my own sake and sanity.  I also want to push myself to think more-to be able to better defend and further develop my lines of thinking .  I want to be more of a complete person and not just the one role that I play with most of my time.  Also, I used to really enjoy writing.  I never thought I was any good at it until I could no longer do it (time-wise and mental capacity-wise).  Then I looked back at previous writings and admitted I wasn't so bad.  

My ideas are not the norm for people of my culture and religion and life choices.  I want to be a voice offering a different way to look at things.  I know people don't change, so I don't have grandiose expectations.  (I am aware that not many people will even read these thoughts.)  But, perhaps, I can be successful at bringing awareness that many lines of thought can exist in our culture and religion.  I used to see things as black and white, and now I can admit that it's all gray.  So here's to bringing a little more gray to the world!

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

Gray is my favorite color. And you are my favorite person. I love you.

Mac G said...

I'm excited. I'd love to hear/read what you have to say.. and I promise I won't be too mean.

JoAnna said...

I am so excited! I love your thoughts- I've always thought you think like I do... Well unless you surprise me here :) Looking forward to it!

Crystal said...

I am very intrigued. And I agree with you about things not being black and white, but gray. Very gray.
I love my kids, a lot, but I hate that I generally can't carry on a conversation that doesn't have anything to do with kids. I want to have more depth than that. I think the things you post will get me thinking.