Monday, June 26, 2006

Getting Closer

As of Friday, I was dilated to a two. I am 80-90% effaced. My cervix is very soft. The nurse practitioner hypothesized that I may have a week left before this baby is born. She said the only reason she wouldn't say sooner is because my cervix is still up pretty high. I lost my mucous plug on Saturday. Usually, that happens within days of birth, but sometimes it happens a week or two before. Of course, all of these signs that Edison will be born soon are arbitrary. He could be here any second, or he could hold out a lot longer. I kind of expect him soon. I would be very surprised if I am still pregnant a week from today, but that probably doesn't mean anything. I am having a lot of contractions, but nothing regular. I used to really want to finish the school year (last day is this Friday, June 30). Even though that would be easiest, I don't really care anymore. I am very eager to have my son. It is hard to focus on anything else right now. I don't feel as very anxious anymore. I just feel set on having him. Whatever it takes to get him here and whatever it takes to take care of him once he is here, I will do it. I can do it.

1 comment:

glockster17 said...

Hey, how exciting is that? Wow! We are all very excited to have him here too. I can't wait myself and I have all the confidence in the world in you. Eddie will certainly have very wonderful parents to care for him and to guide him through his life. He is a very lucky boy for that.