Wednesday, March 04, 2009

New Beds

Saturday was a big day for our boys, as they both moved into new beds. We bought Eddie a toddler bed and moved Peter into the crib. They have both adjusted so well-Peter with absolutely no problems. Eddie was a touch sad to see Peter in his old bed, but he is so excited about his new "train bed" (that is what he calls it because of the train sheets he picked out) that it's been okay. He went in his room many times a day for the first few days just to look at his new bed. He had us admire it, too. Of course he is getting out of bed several times at bedtime, but, if I praise every positive moment, he stays in bed in order to please me. It's way nice to have him get up by himself each morning, though we wish he would sleep past 6:30 a.m.! Only one night so far has he gotten out of bed in the night, and he did it twice. When he got to our room and saw we were asleep, he just sat in the doorway; he didn't know what to do. Having him come in our room in the middle of the night has actually been a fear of mine. The idea of waking up in the middle of the night in a dark room with a child, even my child, next to my bed kinda freaks me out. I have had trouble going to sleep because of this fear, and I've had multiple nightmares about it. I think it's an idea you just have to get used to, knowing that you could wake up anytime and have someone standing by your bed. Anyway, it's really fun to see them grow and make these changes!

Both Eddie and Peter "helped" Daddy build the bed!
Enjoying the new bed
Pretending to sleep
Playing in the new bed
It's so fun in here!

7 comments:

Iris said...

I love the pics! Thanks so much for calling me.....LOVE YOU!

Mac G said...

What's scary is when you wake up and can hear and feel them breathing in your face as they stand next to your bed, but you get used to it.

mcamp said...

Oh getting so big!

Oh and that's one of my biggest fears too! that's why I usually sleep either with the covers or my pillow over my head...i know sad i'm an adult and i still sleep with the covers over my head haha

Camille said...

That's so fun! I'm a little nervous about the day we have to put Christian in a toddler bed. I have the same worry about him coming into our room. :) And I'm sure he'd be up at 6:30 as well! He already gets up almost that early. Your boys are so cute!

JoAnna said...

I love it! I love seeing Ben in such a daddy role. I always knew he'd be so good at it. And that the boys could help. That's really neat. They both look so excited. What fun!

Megan said...

These pictures are so cute. They are growing so big!

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

Yea for new beds!! isnt it amazing how fast they grow? Thus begins the fun of children growing more independant... I remember the first time we found jonathan out of his bed in the middle of the night... not only did he get out of bed, but he helped himself to the cupboard, got a bowl, some ceral, and the milk from the fridge (which incidently ended up being poured everywhere but the bowl). When asked what he was doing, he very matter of fact said "I was hungry dad so I'm Eatin cereal." or the wonderful countless nights when we roll over and the child starts crying because you didnt realize they climbed in bed with you and you rolled on top of them.... lol what fun times these are!