Sunday, June 27, 2010

All the Little Live Things

I've known the South is infamous for big bugs for four years now, but it's only been in the past month that I have learned that some things here are very, very small. While walking home from the bus stop in the rain, Ben had to step over 20 or so little, tiny frogs that were all over the sidewalk. He said they were about the size of a dime. I wished I could have seen them. A day or two later, we spotted these same little frogs in the grass in front of our house. Now just about every time we are outside we can find them. They range from the size of a dime to the size of a nickel. Eddie and Peter love to chase them with their finger in order to touch them. I am always so scared Peter is going to squish one inadvertently. Thankfully, this hasn't happened yet. Florida is definitely a fun place for a child to grow up because of all the little (and big) live things!

1 comment:

mudderbear said...

So how are you with little frogs....they sound quite threatening to me.