Thursday, August 09, 2007

"Dop! Dop!"

I was making Eddie a piece of toast. The bread was still in the toaster, but he was eager to have it. He kept pointing at the toaster, looking at me, and grunting. I told him, "Remember it has to pop. Pop! Pop!". Eddie mimicked me by saying "Dop! Dop!" He kept repeating it. I would laugh and smile, and he would say it again. I thought he would forget soon. I left the room. Upon returning, the first thing he said was "Dop! Dop!" While he was eating his toast, he said "Dop!" while pointing to the bread. We will see if he says it again tomorrow while he waits for his waffle to Pop! Pop!.

1 comment:

mudderbear said...

Sharing all these little daily moments is so special to us. Thank you so much...I know that gets redudant, but I am always so happy to hear about Eddie and you two as well.

Bro. Faust is gone. I am just heartbroken. It' as bad as losing my own grandfather.