Monday, August 20, 2007

First Shoes at Church


I am way behind on putting Eddie in shoes, at least according to some. Personally, I don't think kids under a year need shoes. Sure, little baby shoes are adorable; tiny things always are. Shoes make crawling and learning to walk difficult, though. So I have always abstained at putting shoes on Eddie, until this past week. Eddie is more eager to get out of my arms and crawl or walk around in public now. This has led to some pretty disgustingly dirty feet. I figured it was time for him to wear shoes when we leave the house. We bought some cute little brown shoes on Saturday, and he wore them to church yesterday. As he is fascinated with our shoes (he is always having us put our shoes on and take them off) and with his socks, he really liked wearing his new shoes. It didn't hinder his crawling at all, which surprised me. He walked a lot slower, though. When I took them off after church, I was surprised to have his feet feel warm and sweaty!

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

I guess I'm being silly, but that picture makes me cry. I am so touched at the sight of my baby brother Benny taking his son to church. You guys are awesome! Thank you for being so good.

Crystal said...

I also didn't put shoes on Beepers until he started walking. Right now he hates shoes. I get tired of putting them on again and again, so he spends a lot of time barefoot. His feet are so dirty and night, now one of our night time rituals is washing his feet.