Saturday, August 11, 2007

Walking Hat

This video is going to require some set-up. Eddie is into hats lately. He likes to wear them, and he likes us to wear them. Today we were putting my hat on his head. He would then take-off to crawl around. Soon the hat would fall over his eyes, but he would keep crawling. And he would laugh as he crawled. We assume he could see well enough through the holes. Well, I took a video of it. He didn't end up crawling much in the video, so I decided to take another one. I put the hat on his head while he was standing up against the couch. Instead of crawling, though, he walked down the length of the couch. He stopped at his stuffed animals. And then (drumroll, please!) he walked to the chair! We caught his first time walking on video for you all to see (he has walked back and forth between us; he has also walked a step or two from one chair to the next. Recently he walked from the wall, which he was leaning against, to me, but this is the first time he has walked this far without us being on one end or the other.) ! And he is doing it with a hat covering his eyes. He cracks me up! Later today, he also walked around the house on his own with my hat on. The hat seems to be filled with confidence. Some people need a cane to walk; Eddie needs a hat.


I might as well post the first video I took of him crawling with the hat. You can see how he swings his head back and forth as he crawls. He isn't just doing that because he is wearing the hat. He does that almost all the time when he crawls. It does seem to be a bit much for him with the hat, though, as he falls. Don't you just wish you could hug and kiss him?!?!

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

What a cute little crawling baby bum! Yes! I wish I could just hug and kiss him. I think it's a blessing you caught his first walk on tape so that the rest of us could see it. I'm so glad. I feel so proud and excited for him! Love you muchly!

mudderbear said...

Khrystine and I are watching together, laughing and applauding and ooohing and aweing. What an amazing accomplishment that you got it all on tape. Totally Awesome!!!!!! Oh, we just love him soooo much.