Thursday, September 06, 2007

Feeling Invigorated

Real quick. I just wanted to say that I feel really invigorated. I left Eddie with Ben tonight so I could go to a baby shower (it's only the fifth time I have ever left him, and the first time over "goodnight time"). It was fun to just be able to do whatever without him (like have a plate of food to myself). I felt really great, especially, when leaving the shower. It was dark outside (it's been a long time since I have been out past dark). I was alone (I had forgotten how that feels). I could just hop in my car without buckling in a kid or worrying about the million things I need to have with me when I have him. And when I got home, he was actually asleep!!! I didn't think that would happen. I told Ben that I could want to do this more often.

It is bittersweet, though. I miss my little guy. Ben told me all about the night, and I felt sad that I wasn't the one to put Ed to sleep. It is good for me, Ben, and Eddie, though. Especially for me! Goodnight!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Way to go Melanie...that is a great feeling.

Mac G said...

I think that is a great thing. When Beepers was small I was usually at school so Crystal was the one to put him to sleep. Now if I try and put him to bed, he has a really hard time. So if you can it is good to switch it up.

JoAnna said...

Good for you! I'm really glad you could get a moment of invigorated...ness? I'm also glad you would share. I would probably feel guilty and it's good to know I don't need to. My hubby has been sleeping a lot through "our time" the last week or two. I miss him like crazy and am having a hard time. But, I have to admit, there has been a night or two that I'm glad to have a moment to myself (if I can get the dog to give me some space). I've even started a bit of a routine the last couple nights that I wouldn't do if I wasn't alone. Hmm... maybe it's okay?
Well, anyway, thanks for sharing. Oh, and I thought Mac G made a good comment too- something to keep in mind.

Kendra said...

ya gotta GET OUT sometimes, i know...

thanks for the birthday wishes! can't wait to meet Eddie someday....