Sunday, September 02, 2007

Zoo Atlanta

My brother, William, and his family came to visit this weekend. On Friday we went to the zoo. Eddie absolutely loved it! It was so fun to see his reactions to everything. I just wish my sub-par pictures and videos could capture the experience.

Here is a shot of Eddie and his cousin, Kyle, looking at the elephants.


This bird excited Eddie more than any of the other animals.


There was a petting zoo. I thought Eddie would be scared of the animals, but he walked right up to the goats, sheep, and pigs. Sometimes I had to pick him up and move him out of the way of the goats, who would have just run over him. At the beginning of his time there, he reached out and quickly touched all the animals around him. He was so fast that I wasn't able to get a picture. I did take a video of him brushing the animals' hair, though.
The video is currently not working. Check back later. Hopefully it will be here!

Eddie loved riding the carousel. He got a little nervous, though, when he started moving up and down. He still wanted to ride it a second time!


The train was also fun, although the lengthy, dark tunnel scared Eddie and his cousins.


He really liked bouncing on the elephant at the playground.


You can't tell from the picture, but Eddie really liked sliding. This was the first time he has reacting to a slide.

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

What fun it must be to see him experience the world around him. I'm glad you had such a good time and that he could share this with his cousins!