Monday, October 22, 2007

What I Did This Weekend

We had a very big weekend. Here is a list of some of the highlights.

* My parents, my brother and his wife, and my nephews came to visit. So good to be with family. I wish we lived close enough to see them every week!


* We celebrated Christmas. My incredibly generous brother and sister-in-law brought us presents so we wouldn't have to haul their gifts back to Georgia after real Christmas in Utah. Eddie got some cute new pajamas and his first coloring book. We got some much-needed silverware. Eddie enjoyed unwrapping the gifts.


* We fed the ducks. There is a little lake with ducks less than five minutes from our house. My nephew, Kyle, loved it. Every time the ducks ate a piece of bread, he would exclaim, "They love bread!!". Eddie is really brave around the ducks. He almost walked right into the water several times.
He would hold a whole piece of bread. He would sometimes eat the bread himself. Other times he would break off little pieces and throw them to the ducks. We had a lot of fun.


* Ben and I had our second wedding anniversary. I hope to post about this soon.


* We bought a car!!! It is a '99 Toyota Corolla, black with 87,000 miles and really cold a/c. We are so happy to be car owners again. We feel really blessed.


* We said goodbye to William, my brother, who is being deployed to Iraq on Wednesday. He has been told to plan on being gone for fifteen months. This was the reason for my parents' visit. It is really sad. We are thankful we have prayer, faith, and hope.

It was a big weekend!

3 comments:

Mac G said...

Wow, you were busy. Congrats on the Anniversary! We miss you!

JoAnna said...

WOW! Two years! Time flies. I'm glad you got a new car- with air conditioning!!!! Yea! I love the pictures of you with your family. Sounds like a fun weekend. It makes me sad about your brother. He and his wife are very brave- send them my love and prayers.

Iris said...

YAY for a wonderful weekend. You DESERVE it. Hope it was soooooooooo much fun =)