Thursday, September 04, 2008

I Love to See the Temple

One thing I absolutely loved about living in Atlanta was attending church on temple grounds; our church backed up to the temple. There's a sacred feeling near a temple. Admittedly, I took it for granted after awhile. Now the closest temple is four hours away, and I am so sad. Our last family home evening in Georgia was spent on the temple grounds. Here are some pictures.


I hope to see Eddie heading to the temple many times in his life.


Gazing at Angel Moroni.

the hill in front of the temple



If you live near a temple, don't take it for granted. GO! And, pray for a temple in Tallahassee, too!

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

Oh Mel, you are so wonderful! And Ben and the boys too! This is just so special. Thank you for sharing your home evening with us.
I used to walk into my high school and could see the downtown temple. Just being able to look at it, gave me so much hope and peace.

Crystal said...

That was awesome that your church was on the temple grounds. It was so pretty and peaceful.

mudderbear said...

The pictures are awesome. I've saved them to my own files. They really are to be treasured.