Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Orlando Trip

We went to Orlando this past weekend to visit Brent and his family. We had a lot of fun- good food and great company! Brent and Shanda babysat Eddie and Peter while we went to the temple. This was the first time Ben and I have been to the temple together since Eddie was born! It was the third time we have left the house together without a child/children since Eddie was born (and I am counting the time we went to the hospital to have Peter!)! It was pretty exciting...and pretty sad. Eddie and I missed each other a lot!
Here's a picture of Eddie and Brent, taken while we were gone. You can tell that Eddie isn't feeling like himself. Look how stiff he looks! See his sad eyes! Brent, on the other hand, doesn't seem to miss us one bit!

Peter and Abby were really cute together. They always ended up by each other on the floor. They would grab each other and take toys back and forth from each other. They never cried about it. They were really cute to watch. And Ben's pretty cute, too!

Here we are on a boat ride at some outdoor Disney store. We were on the boat when the sun was setting. It was really beautiful!

And I had to include this picture of Shanda! It makes me laugh every time I see it!

We are eager to see Brent, Shanda, and Abby in a couple of weeks, as they will be joining us for Thanksgiving! We are so happy to have had them living so close to us the past six months! Love you guys!

4 comments:

Aaron & Amanda said...

Did you cut your hair?! It looks super cute in that picture!

Crystal said...

It probably feels soooo strange when you go somewhere without your children. Like you forgot something really important like your clothes.
Even though my Ben often drives me crazy, I miss him when he's away from me. Today he told me that he cries when I leave him at my sister's house with his cousins because he misses me. I know he doesn't cry, but it was nice that he told me that.

mudderbear said...

Hey Melanie...your hair looks good. You got some cute pictures there and it looks like you had a good time. I'm so glad you can share Thanksgiving with family.

JoAnna said...

I'm glad you have family close... I just wish it was me!
Very cute pics. I hate to see Eddie looking so sad. It has to be weird to just not know where your mom is or when she'll be back. They don't seem to have a concept of that. How hard to be little.