Saturday, November 01, 2008

Trunk-or-Treating & Trick-or-Treating

Last weekend we went to our ward's trunk-or-treat party.
Eddie wore his Tigger costume from last year, since we hadn't purchased his new costume yet. It was really short, as you can see, and really hard to zip up, but we managed! He loved it! He loved his tail, especially!
Peter wore these cute Halloween jams.
If he was given a choice, he almost always chose a sucker. After we were done getting candy, he sat here opening one sucker at a time and giving them one lick each. He also tried his first gum and, of course, swallowed it!

We went trick-or-treating last night with our neighbors. Eddie was excited since he knew all about trick-or-treating.
He wore a fireman costume, which we thought was good for him since he loves fire so much. I tried to empty his pumpkin of the candy from last weekend before going. He didn't like that one bit and refilled it. Later last night I realized he also put one of his trucks and his fire extinguisher in his pumpkin!
So adorable!
Peter was my little bundle of joy, as he was more bundled than he has ever been since his days in the hospital. Ben thought I was bundling up our children too much, but their little fingers ended up cold. I guess I didn't bundle them enough.

We had fun. Eddie soon was leading us to doorsteps rather than the other way around. If he was given a choice, and they had candy kisses (which many houses had, to our surprise), that is what he chose. He was happy and cheerful the whole time, though it was late. He loved seeing the moon.

We had a few minor incidents that upset us, like an older child trying to steal candy from Eddie's pumpkin, even though I was right there with him. We had fun overall, though!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

One time I was changing Ben's diaper and I was confused by something I saw in it. Turns out it was gum that he'd swallowed the day before. Proof that gum doesn't stay in your stomach for seven years.

Crystal said...

By the way, you're boys are cute. I love Eddie's fireman costume.

mcamp said...

wow, i'm surprised Eddie did that he was always afraid everytime i came over...