Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I Am a Child of God"

Eddie is a great singer. His favorite song is "I Am a Child of God". We listen to primary songs on tape in our car, and I have to keep rewinding the tape over and over for "Child of God". I sing this song to him every night when I put him to bed, and have since he was a newborn. Tonight, as he sang it with me, I realized he doesn't have all the words quite right. Here's Eddie's version of the chorus:

"Lead me. Guide me. Walk beside me.
Help me find the way.
Teach me all Dad (instead of "that I") must do, to live with Him someday!"

2 comments:

mudderbear said...

Oh...I almost laughed but I was almost crying....that is just too precious. You're wonderful Melanie. When JoAnna was little we would play a record of primary songs in her room every night as she went to sleep. By the time she was in Primary, she could really belt out those songs. She was so adoreable and now I can envision Edison in the same way. Sigh.

JoAnna said...

This is really special and heartwarming. I hope I can teach my kids as well as Melanie does with hers.
I've been thinking of that album latley Mumsy. The music was so pretty- I can still heare it. If anyone knows how to get it on c.d. (or something good with the primary songs), it would be a great Christmas present (hint hint :) I have a c.d. of primary songs, but I don't really like how they are done (I hope I don't get in trouble for saying that :)