Wednesday, February 06, 2008

First Reading


Eddie actually enjoyed reading books with me at the library on Monday (usually he isn't there for the books-he likes the carousel horses and the children's computers). He even chose one he wanted to take home. He carried it all the way to the counter, handed it to the librarian, got it back from her, and carried it halfway to the car. He was really excited about his book. It was "Have You Seen My Cat?" by Eric Carle. It is a predictable book. On each page the boy asks someone, "Have you seen my cat?". They point to a cat, and the boy says, "This is not my cat." He had me read it to him many times that day. Eddie actually read the book to himself, too! He read it by turning pages, pointing to each cat, shaking his head no while saying "cat". Here is a picture of him reading his book at his spot (he sits in this one corner of the couch with the cushion off). I know this is just the beginning, but it is really exciting to see him start to read!

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

That is so great! What a big boy he is becoming. I can't believe it. He is SO smart.

mudderbear said...

he reminds me of his daddy...he'll be reading before he gets to school, no doubt.
You are doing a really excellent job raising that baby....thanks.

Jeni said...

Hi Mel,
Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I've been checking your blog regularly though. I love that scripture book you have for Eddie. I'm inspired to get one for Sara. Keep the great pictures coming!