Sunday, February 03, 2008

Scripture Reading


Last night I experienced one of those proud moments as a parent. We were late for bed, as usual. Ben read us our family scriptures as I put Eddie in his pajamas. Usually after we read our family scriptures, we read a page of Eddie's scriptures (the Book of Mormon picture book). Then we brush teeth, read books, and go to bed. I chose to bypass some of these tasks to get Eddie in to bed faster. So I told him to choose a book to read before bed. He ran-not to his book basket-but to where we keep his scriptures, grabbed his scriptures, and brought them to me. Somehow it is sweet and touching as a parent to realize the things you are doing each day really are making an impression on your child. I hope his desire to read the scriptures will grow as he does until he has a deep love for them, as I do.

2 comments:

mudderbear said...

That is beautiful and so is the picture.

JoAnna said...

That is so neat. Thank you for sharing and reminding me of what really matters in life. I really need that today.