Friday, February 15, 2008

Our Valentine's Day

Eddie and I began the day before making a Valentine for Ben. I had thought we would make Valentines for other loved ones, but it seems that making Valentines may be a better project for next year. Eddie was much more interested in writing on the table and on his shirt, as you can see here.

Eddie and I both really enjoy the flowers Ben surprised me with! Eddie loves to smell them and say "flars...prittee".

The best part of our day was meeting Peter, our new baby who is scheduled to join our family around May 12. We had our 3-D ultrasound; I don't know what it is about seeing your baby that makes it so much more real. I think Peter looks a lot like Eddie, especially in the broad forehead, basic head shape, and chin. He definitely has Ben's nose, though, which is really fun to see. We got to see him open his little mouth. I am so excited to have my little Peter. Eddie is equally excited about the Peter in my stomach as he is about the Peter in his stomach. Yesterday, when he was hungry, he grabbed his stomach and said "Peter". Before going to bed last night, Eddie was insistent that he say goodnight to the Peter in his stomach.

Eddie tried his first jello. I think you can tell from this picture just how excited he was about it (notice the spoon he pulled out of his mouth after having a bite), but you can't tell that he was equally weirded out. He kept touching it (and wanting us to touch it) and saying, "It's cold!". He had a hard time swallowing it because of the slippery quality.


Last night we decorated some heart-shaped cupcakes. Eddie loved the sprinkles the best, as you can tell from his lips and the table!

4 comments:

JoAnna said...

That is so great! I'm glad to see someone making the most of the holiday. The flowers are beautiful. I miss grade school and making Valentine boxes and having cookies.
I'm so excited you introduced us to Peter! It's getting close! Fun fun fun! And that's great that Eddie has one in his tummy too! Hahahaha. That's wonderful!

Crystal said...

Sounds like you had a fun Valentines day! I'm excited to see little Peter. How are you feeling?

mudderbear said...

What a lot of fun you're having. I too wanted to make cookies and send cards and do so much for Valentine's Day. But alas....basically we were fighting the BIG snowstorm of the year and that's about all that got done this year.

Peter...ah, what can I say.? It's really amazing, isn't it? The concept of a baby in your stomach has to be a bit much for children. I wouldn't believe it myself, would you?? Same goes for the jello....

love the flowers..... good job Ben.

Camille said...

What a neat ultrasound! I love the name Peter. And Eddie is such a sweet boy. : )