Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Birthday Boy


Eddie picked out this "hot purple" teddy bear himself. He saw it at the store when we were shopping for his birthday. He held it the whole time we were there, continuously burying his face in its belly and smiling in pure delight. How could we not get it for him?! The night before his birthday, after he was asleep, I put it in his booster seat for him to find the next morning. He was so happy to see it in his chair. Now every time he sees it, he crawls to it and lays on it. That is what he is doing in this picture. It is really sweet!


Throughout the day I put different presents out for him to discover and unwrap. He had just found this gift and was trying to figure out how to get into it.



He opened his blocks and stacked them. He has played with blocks before, but this is the first time he has tried to stack them himself!


Another first that happened to occur on his birthday was he pushed his car along the floor.


He liked the horse on his new book.


We didn't do his cake until last night. He was interested in the burning candle. As you can see, he got into the frosting right away!



At first he was hesitant to pick up his cupcake and eat. He kept pointing at it and at the frosting all over his fingers. Eventually he went for it, though. Ben got some great photos.


Really digging in!


And loving it!



And, in true Eddie fashion, his cake eating experience couldn't be complete if he didn't share it with his Mommy!

It was a great day!

3 comments:

Mac G said...

Stupendous pictures. He is really growing up. Sometimes when no one is looking I eat cake that way too!

JoAnna said...

I think I'm going to cry! I don't think I've ever seen a one year old so involved and enjoying his own birthday. And I loved the way you set the presents out for him to find. That's just great!
I wish I had some cake...

mudderbear said...

I love these pictures. Once again, thanks so much for sharing.Eddie is amazing and so are you.

P>S>I noticed where the candle was placed in the birthday cake...clever! Was that Eddie's daddy's idea?