Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend Update


Eddie is doing really well at feeding himself. In this picture you can see him eating corn with a fork. It is hard for him to use the fork correctly on corn, so he utilizes it like a spoon. He dips the fork in the Tupperware, scoops corn onto it, and watches the corn intently as he brings it to his mouth. Then he eats it usually off the side of the fork. As he does so, he kind of wraps his lower lip around the fork. So cute! I am really proud of him.

Eddie has crazy hair! It seems to be a lot like Ben's. It is so soft. It gets long fast. When it first starts to get long, it curls around the ears and back of the neck. Really quickly, though, it loses the curl and is just long. You can't just brush it and have it be calm and in place. Not any old brush will do. He gets really bad bedhead. You can style it wild with hardly any effort, as you can see in the picture. I feel like I am already having to consider giving him a haircut. Only one of my friend's has had to worry about cutting her little boy's hair this young. I can't do it yet. I can't even cut his fingernails.

Eddie held his toy phone to his ear for the first time today. He used both hands to do so. He would also hold it up to Ben's ear. It was so cute. This is the best picture I have. He is starting to take the phone away from his ear, though.

Tonight Eddie was opening his pajama drawer. I said, "While you are in there, why don't you pick out some jam-jams for you to wear tonight?" He had turned and looked at me as I spoke. When I was done, he immediately turned back to the drawer, pulled out the top pair of pajamas, and started crawling towards me with a big smile on his face. I was shocked! The pair he had grabbed was rather warm. So I said, "No. That one is too warm. Try again." He let go of that pair, went back to the drawer, grabbed a lighter pajama bottom, and brought it to me with a big smile on his face." I praised him and said, "Now you need a shirt. Get the one that looks the same as this one." He went back to the drawer, grabbed an undershirt, and looked at me. I said, "No, get the one that looks the same as this." He grabbed a second undershirt. I realized that it didn't need to match the pajamas bottoms. I told him it was great, and he brought it to me! Can you believe it? Ben took a picture of him in the pajamas, just to document the first time he chose his own clothes.

This weekend we also worked at doing a better job of childproofing our home. Eddie loves playing with the tv, unplugging things, and pulling down lamps. We rearranged all of our furniture to better accommodate him. It looks dumb. His dresser is our new tv stand (the only thing tall enough for him to not be able to reach the tv). Our couch is in the corner covering some of the blinds, the bookshelf, and the lamp! Now we just need to move the computer into our bedroom, and our lives will be a lot easier and happier.

Ben and I began reading Harry Potter six this weekend. We are only 80 pages in, but I am enjoying it more than usual!

Oh, and we have a/c! It takes a lot longer to cool down than it used to, though.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Hey Melanie,

I love your blog. Here's my address http://seanandjeni@blogspot.com
You do a much better job at journaling. Eddie is so cute. I can't believe how big he's getting.

JoAnna said...

I think I said this before, but every time I check here, he's getting more grown up! That's impressive how well he's responding to what you're telling him. Wow! Maybe he can help pick out my outfits?