Sunday, July 22, 2007

Me? Me? Meme?

Tag. I'm it. Here are some random things about me.

1. If I ever go back to school, it will be to get a degree in Literature. Just for fun. I think I will need awhile, though, to want to do the school thing again.

2. My dream vacation is London, England. I cannot definitively explain it. It looks beautiful--the green spaces, rain, and classical architecture. What's not to love, besides the food and, maybe, the people?

3. I hope that one day I will take voice lessons. It sounds horrifying to sing for someone that will critique me. I really think if I could get over my fear, though, I could actually become a good singer.

4. The other day I put Eddie's medicine in brownie pieces in order to get him to take it. It worked. Kind of. It was really messy, and I don't know how much he actually got. Does this count as a random thing about me?

5. I went through a period that lasted for several months where I often dreamed about smoking. I would wake up thinking I wanted a cigarette. ME! Disgusting.

6. I am going through a phase where I am really sad to not have a sister (no offense, wonderful sisters-in-law!). This could be a blog in and of itself. Briefly, I think it started when our friend was here visiting. She often talked about how much she loves her sister, whom she lives by. It sounded neat, but I will never know! Sad.

7. I associate Sundays with baked potatoes. It began several years ago when Ben was sharing Felicity with me (he had watched the first season when it originally aired; I had never seen it). We got all the seasons from the library and watched them on Sundays while we ate baked potatoes. So I used to associate Sundays with baked potatoes and Felicity. We still eat baked potatoes almost every Sunday (mine with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, and pickles! yum!!).

8. I like to sleep with the blankets all the way up to my chin. This was probably one of the things that was hardest for me to sacrifice during Eddie's first year of life (he wouldn't sleep if he was covered at all, and he slept with me).

There you have it, folks! You surprised?

4 comments:

mudderbear said...

Hi Mel...I'm not overly surprised. I was quite happy to see that you are interested in Literature, as that is one of my own interests. I read a lot of Hardy novels so I can "be" in England.

The cigarette thing surprises me a little. But, the last year or two, I have found myself occasionally thinking, "I wish I smoked." It just sounds good, although I'm sure they would kill me.

Mac G said...

baked potatoes sound good, smoking doesn't but I can't say that I haven't had similar feelings in the past. Isn't it odd the effects that years and years of advertising can have on our brains.

The Damsel said...

Sometimes I wish I smoked so I could have an excuse to leave the room.
I think you are a good singer, so if you took voice lessons you would be amazing.

JoAnna said...

I have had a couple dreams that I was smoking. I woke up feeling dirty and gross. I hated it.
I agree with The Damsel- it would be nice to have an excuse to leave the room. I think I have used that excuse though. When someone I know goes out for a smoke, I tag along.
Mmmm, a baked potato sounds really good.