Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Milk Man


Eddie's father is not the milk man. However, Eddie must have a connection with the milk man because he loves his product. He started drinking whole milk on Monday. I didn't know how it would go. I just gave him some cold in a sippy cup, as an experiment. He drank it all and wanted more. When given the option between his water cup and his milk cup, he chooses milk every time! He is my little milk man!

The problem is (and now I am going to rant, which wasn't the purpose of my post)that milk is expensive in Georgia. I don't know if they don't have cows here or what. When we moved here milk was $3.40. Once in awhile you could find it on sale at a gas station for $2.99. That never occurs anymore. There is this brand here that is in a golden-colored container (you can't even see the milk!) that has always been $4.79--for a gallon of milk! Well, now the normal milk is $3.99, and the golden milk is $5.79!!!! Going to the cheap grocery store (the place where you bag your own groceries; it is great--really it is!), you get to buy milk for $3.50. I guess the good news is whole milk and skim milk cost the same amount at all stores. I rant about this all the time to my friend that lives here. She moved here from Florida, and she is so happy because milk is so cheap here!!!!! What does milk cost where you live?

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

Holy Cow! Pardon the pun... I'm sure I get a gallon of milk for under $3. In fact, I think I can hope to find it for closer to $2.50. I think. Now that I say it out loud, I'm thinking it's around $2.79. Anyway... that's just crazy! Maybe you should just buy the cow- you'd be better off in the long run!

mudderbear said...

It's the same price as meat...or cheese... and that almost makes sense. But it's such a staple for everyone. I only buy half gallons or less now...actually I don't like the stuff anymore. and I pay almost $2 for that. My problem when my kids were young was convincing them milk is a food, not a beverage. It's around $3.00 a gallon here. When it goes over that I stop buying it. That, maybe, isn't really fair to the dairy farmers.

The Damsel said...

I'm glad you are feeding Eddie whole milk. I'm sorta a purist now.