Friday, July 20, 2007

A Rainy Day--and we went out to play!!

Summer is the rainy season in Georgia, and it rains a lot! Lately, Edison has taken to watching the rain fall. Yesterday, during a particularly big storm, I took him outside to watch. Tentatively, I had us step into the rainfall, to see how he would react. He loved it! He kept pointing at it, wanting us to go back. We got absolutely soaked!!



This picture was taken seconds before lightning hit right behind us. The thunder roared at exactly the same time. Ben screamed and ran inside without us! Eddie screamed and cried inconsolably for the next ten minutes. I don't want him to be scared of rain and thunderstorms in the future. I spent a lot of time talking him calmly through the rest of the thunder in our afternoon storm.

5 comments:

mudderbear said...

I love your experiences and what you are doing with Eddie. I never thought of taking the babies out in the rain to see it...clever girl. But thunder and lightening...the older I get, the more it frightens me. I can't run as fast, I guess. That's really funny about Ben...you'd better hold him for awhile too.

Mac G said...

Thanks for the great mental picture. I can just picture Benny running and screaming in the house. he he he. So does that mean that he will be crawling into Eddie's bed in the middle of a nighttime thunderstorm :) Remember we tease because we care!

JoAnna said...

Oh, poor Benny... I mean, BEN! take care of your wife and baby!

I think it's great that you went out to play. What fun! Cute pic too.

Benjamin said...

For the record, I was standing on concrete in my bare feet. I've been told that's dangerous. Mel's flip-flops would have saved her and Eddie's life, but I would have been doomed!

The Damsel said...

How fun-all children should be encouraged to love rain. And I'm sure you took good care of your boys.